[Biojava-l] Re: New snapshot

Matthew Pocock mrp@sanger.ac.uk
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 10:48:03 +0100

Morning

Gerald Loeffler wrote:

> hi!
>
> Excellent contribution - and a lot of volunteering (-:
>
> Why not skip the branching-off of the release candidate branch (steps 1
> to 4 below)? I've never actually seen anyone doing that. Why not  simply
> fork the release branch off the main branch when everyone is happy
> calling it 1.0?
>
>         just curious,
>         gerald

I agree. In the future, we should go through the whole gambit, but since we have
no previous version to safeguard, I think we can just fork off a 1.0 branch
as-and-when. Pounding the code is a very good thing for us to do. I am still
finding niggles, and I am sure that other people have found interesting
behaivour / bad docs.

The UML would be great. If you would like to take charge of the tag/branching
CVS stuff, then great. Mail me and we can sort out an account.

Matthew