[Biojava-l] Problems (slight) with the Biojava code in CVS

Triplett, Terry Terry.Triplett@wl.com
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 11:52:21 -0500

------_=_NextPart_000_01BF6E67.0A32BD4C

I've successfully checked out the code via anonymous cvs, as per the
instructions on the biojava site.  Starting from the top level directory, it
looks like the same code is present more than in the source tree due to
nesting, and it's causing some trouble with the build script.  For example,
a 'find' for acedb (starting from the top directory created by cvs) shows:

	biojava-live/src/org/acedb
	biojava-live/src/org/acedb/biojava-live/src/org/acedb
	biojava-live/src/org/acedb/biojava-live/src/org/biojava/bio/acedb
	biojava-live/src/org/biojava/bio/acedb

>From this it appears that the acedb tree is present in 4 different places.
The build script fails with a number of 'already defined' errors.
I haven't analyzed this in depth yet (just got the sources), so I don't know
whether the duplicate code is identical or not.  What I'd like to know is
which particular part of the checked out tree is the actively developed
code, so I can delete the extra kruft.  Better yet, it would be nice to
clean up the cvs repository and/or define a module so that a checkout
results in a single, well formed source tree.  This isn't a showstopper,
because I can figure out what I need, but this will undoubtedly confuse
everybody that grabs a copy of the repository.

Thanks,

"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for you are crunchy and good with
ketchup"
-- Unknown

 <<Triplett, Terry.vcf>>

------_=_NextPart_000_01BF6E67.0A32BD4C
	filename="Triplett, Terry.vcf"

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Triplett;Terry
FN:Triplett, Terry
ORG:Parke-Davis;Bioinformatics
NOTE:Information Systems
TEL;WORK;VOICE:(734) 622-2165
ADR;WORK:;16/375N;;AA;MI;;USA
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:16/375N=0D=0AAA, MI=0D=0AUSA
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:Terry.Triplett@wl.com
REV:19991008T180005Z
END:VCARD

------_=_NextPart_000_01BF6E67.0A32BD4C--