[Biojava-l] Preparation for a 1.1 release?

Simon Brocklehurst simon.brocklehurst@CambridgeAntibody.com
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 17:06:44 +0000

Matthew Pocock wrote:

> "Dickson, Mike" wrote:
>
> > Your approach would certainly be my preference.  There is an unfortunate
> > proliferation of specialized XML formats being developed.  A more normalized
> > view that can represent concepts generally makes more sense to me.  Perhaps
> > an XSL style sheet that can map from the NCBI format into the more general
> > biojava format would be beneficial.
> >
> > Mike
> >

> The style-sheet gets my vote. We should realy style-sheet in both directions,
> with the ncbi->biojava direction being the 'recomended' route. Anybody feel
> inspired? It should be lodged with bioxml.org - is our blast DTD registered
> there?

I'll happily volunteer CAT for this... if no-one else wants to do it, and if we
can agree on XSLT processors (see my other post).  We can put some XSLT stuff for
converting to nice HTML too if the latter gets sorted.

S.
--
Simon M. Brocklehurst, Ph.D.
Head of Bioinformatics & Advanced IS