[Biojava-l] Preparation for a 1.1 release?

Matthew Pocock mrp@sanger.ac.uk
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 14:38:05 +0000

"Dickson, Mike" wrote:

> Your approach would certainly be my preference.  There is an unfortunate
> proliferation of specialized XML formats being developed.  A more normalized
> view that can represent concepts generally makes more sense to me.  Perhaps
> an XSL style sheet that can map from the NCBI format into the more general
> biojava format would be beneficial.
>
> Mike

The style-sheet gets my vote. We should realy style-sheet in both directions,
with the ncbi->biojava direction being the 'recomended' route. Anybody feel
inspired? It should be lodged with bioxml.org - is our blast DTD registered
there?

Matthew