[Biojava-l] Preparation for a 1.1 release?

Simon Brocklehurst simon.brocklehurst@CambridgeAntibody.com
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 18:13:57 +0000

Matthew Pocock wrote:

> It should be lodged with bioxml.org - is our blast DTD registered
> there?

I don't think so - although we discussed an earlier version of the DTD on the
bioxml list.  I'm not entirely clear how to lodge a DTD with bioxml.org!  Might it
be an idea to leave doing this until the 1.1 release?  For example, we really
should consider migrating the DTD to a Schema representation (I think Thomas might
already have done this?).

Ideally, I'd like for us to be using namespaces properly in the 1.1 release, which
is obviously not possible with DTDs.

S.
--
Simon M. Brocklehurst, Ph.D.