[Biojava-dev] BioJava 3 status

Andreas Prlic andreas at sdsc.edu
Thu Nov 18 17:06:30 UTC 2010

Hi Ambikesh,

you already got the latest version, if you are on alpha6-SNAPSHOT.
However it could be that you have a CLASSPATH configuration error and
your code can't find some of the jars?
Can you send the full exception ?

Andreas

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 5:40 AM, Ambikesh Jayal <ambi1999 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
> Thanks.  Can you send me the link to download the latest version of
> biojava3? Is there some place where all the latest jars are bundled into a
> single biojava3.jar? I tried to run the DemoCE java file after downloading
> the various jar from the link but it gives me some errors.
> http://www.biojava.org/download/maven/org/biojava/
>
> Error:
> org.biojava.bio.structure.io.PDBFileReader.setPdbDirectorySplit(Z)V
>
> Jars I downloaded
> biojava3-structure-gui-3.0-alpha6-SNAPSHOT
> biojava3-structure-3.0-alpha6-SNAPSHOT
> biojava3-alignment-3.0-alpha6-SNAPSHOT
> biojava3-core-3.0-alpha6-SNAPSHOT
> biojava3-genome-3.0-alpha6-SNAPSHOT
> Kind Regards,
> Ambi.
>
> On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 2:23 AM, Andreas Prlic <andreas at sdsc.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Ambikesh,
>>
>> BioJava 3 will be released around Dec 12th. In the meanwhile, the
>> features that you are interested in are already available from our
>> code repository (git, svn, maven) for download.
>>
>> Andreas
>>
>> On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 10:01 AM, Ambikesh Jayal <ambi1999 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > When will BioJava3 (any release, even if it is developmental) be
>> > available
>> > for download? I have read at the following link that BioJava 3 will have
>> > enhanced facilities for protein structure alignment and so it would be
>> > exciting.
>> >
>> > http://biojava.org/wiki/BioJava:CookBook:PDB:align
>> >

>> > Kind Regards,
>> > Ambi.

Dr. Andreas Prlic
Senior Scientist, RCSB PDB Protein Data Bank
University of California, San Diego
(+1) 858.246.0526