[Biojava-dev] bytecode

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Apr 13 23:25:40 EDT 2003

Hi,

I've been poking arround in the bytecode package.
CodeGenerator now has two methods - stackDepth() and
stackDelta() that let us calcualte a stack depth for
methods (or macros). This lets us chose a sane stack
depth for methods when making the class files -
hopefully removing David's errors.

BioJava compiles against this new bytecode.jar, but
could  people take this for a spin before we commit it
to biojava-live - I don't want to break all our
feature projection stuff by accident.

If I get bored this comming week, I'll add in full
support for generics / templates to the package. This
should let us define algorithms like "sort" for any
type and then emit the bytecode for the algorithm over
a concrete type like "int". Should come in usefull in
like a million little places - like in DP kernels, or
SSAHA inner-loops, or turning math data-structures
into code.

Matthew