[Biojava-dev] Feature interface change

Matthew Pocock matthew_pocock@yahoo.co.uk
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 23:26:32 +0100

Thomas Down wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 10:06:54AM +1200, Schreiber, Mark wrote:
>
>>Should we face up to the dreaded number sequences from zero, between
>>coordinates, just leave the damn thing be coordinate issues for BJ2?
>>
> Yeah, that would be another good thing for the wishlist.
> My feelings of this is that it would be nice to change,
> iff the API changed so radically that there was no chance of
> anyone `accidentally' compiling against BJ2.

Indexes from 0 gets my vote. Perhaps symbolAt(long) for those tree
genomes as well?

One of my favorites would be to explicitly seperate the interface/user
code from the service provider code ala foo, foo.spi - I like that
pattern. It also makes targeting the docs easier.

Matthew

--
BioJava Consulting LTD - Support and training for BioJava
http://www.biojava.co.uk