[Biojava-dev] Feature interface change

Thomas Down td2@sanger.ac.uk
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 23:17:20 +0100

On Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 10:06:54AM +1200, Schreiber, Mark wrote:
> Should we face up to the dreaded number sequences from zero, between
> coordinates, just leave the damn thing be coordinate issues for BJ2?
>
> I actually don't mind the coordinate system as is but numbering from
> zero or btween coords could be more elegant.

Yeah, that would be another good thing for the wishlist.
My feelings of this is that it would be nice to change,
iff the API changed so radically that there was no chance of
anyone `accidentally' compiling against BJ2.

Potentially we could also address quirky class names, and
rearrange packages to to (hopefully) avoid having any
really huge packages (historical note: there have already
been two major splits from the bio.seq package -- bio.symbol
was split well before the 1.0 release, and bio.seq.impl
was created in 1.1.  It's still way too big, though...).

     Thomas.