[Open-bio-l] OBF Google Summer of Code 2014 - Application deadline Friday, Feb. 14

Eric Talevich eric.talevich at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 20:12:15 UTC 2014

Hi all,

The organization applications for Google Summer of Code are due this
Friday. Participating as an organization is competitive, with an acceptance
rate of 30-35%.  Our application is centered on the contents of the OBF
GSoC wiki page:
http://www.open-bio.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code

The most important components of our application are the project ideas,
supported by you, our mentor community. We present these ideas to Google
through the OBF GSoC wiki page. Ideally, the list of potential projects is
diverse, with different degrees of difficulty, covering a variety of
different topics. New ideas are still welcome! We also need to match as
many potential mentors to these ideas before we submit our application.

Please have ideas moved to the project wiki pages by Wednesday night. I'll
make sure all idea titles are copied to the OBF page before submitting the
application on Thursday night.

The other component of our GSoC org application is a short series of
questions we answer for Google, posted here for your review:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ybZ2CEOvZWpoF_KA1XeHMwMQT2wB0oIWwAhzBBHT0uc/edit?usp=sharing

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please do not hesitate
to contact us by e-mail or on the G+ page (
https://plus.google.com/communities/103096212020630764091).

Cheers,
Eric Talevich & Raoul Bonnal
OBF GSoC 2014 admins