[Open-bio-l] Code fest 2010: thinking to '11

Steffen Möller steffen_moeller at gmx.de
Mon Jul 19 09:23:44 UTC 2010

On 07/19/2010 11:04 AM, Pjotr Prins wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 03:09:07PM +0100, Richard Holland wrote:
>
>> Should be possible to organise something in Vienna itself I would
>> have thought? There's bound to be an institute there somewhere who
>> could offer to help by providing a room for us to work in?
>>
> Vienna is also nice (I hear),
it is
> though maybe not as nice as Milano.

er, I'd say Milano already loses against the neighbouring Bergamo, but
let's fight over this :)
> ISMB/BOSC was also in Vienna in 2007 - so the organisers may be able
> to give ideas.
>
> But amongst ourselves, who knows people in Vienna? We only need a
> room with Internet, right?

I have someone to ask. Also we should contact the BioConductor
folks (R is exceptionally strong in Vienna) to join in, which possibly
solves all our problems :)
> Clifford (of RockLinux fame - though he may frown on our coding -
> http://www.clifford.at/frame.cgi?style.html and author of
> http://openscad.org/) is in Vienna. I can try and ask him. But it is a
> bit early now.

But Milano (and let me just mention Luebeck again) was thought
as a meeting between the meetings, no?

Many greetings

Steffen