[MOBY-l] BioMoby Problems

Andreas Groscurth groscurt at mpiz-koeln.mpg.de
Mon Jun 9 07:08:56 UTC 2008

Hi Jerzy,

what did you try to compile from SimpleClient ? Did you put the example
of the client in a separate project or what  ?
For compiling jmoby you should not use javac - there is an ant file
which does everything you need to do. Its handy, because it handles all
classpaths for you.

If you want to create your own little client (you can also use the ones
in moby-live/Java/build/run !) - you need the jars from moby (mhm which
are in the maven directory actually - see
moby-live/Java/build/run/run-dashboard as an example) add them to your
classpath of your java class and run your client.

Although it might be too much examples - i like to point you to
http://www.eu-sol.net/science/bioinformatics/tutorials/jmoby-step-by-step/writing-a-biomoby-client
- where we offer another simple client for java as an eclipse project.
It contains already all required libraries and offers some features you
can read at the page

For any further questions feel free to ask
Andreas