[MOBY-l] jMoby problems

Jerzy Orlowski jerzyo at genesilico.pl
Mon Jun 9 09:51:29 UTC 2008

Hi everybody

I am quite new to Moby, so I apologize for any stupid questions.
I am discussing by e-mail with several Moby developers and I think we
should switch to the mailing list.

The are several problems I experience with jMoby

1. How should I compile my own code (such as from
http://biomoby.open-bio.org/CVS_CONTENT/moby-live/Java/docs/SimpleClient.html)

Andreas Groscurth writes:
jmoby you should not use javac - there is an ant file which does
everything you need to do.

How should I compile my own code with ant?

2. I have problems with creation input xml data for different services,
one of the example is creating FASTA sequence for iANTNetBlast
the input xml created by dashboard and working with cmd client is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<moby:MOBY xmlns:moby="http://www.biomoby.org/moby">
  <moby:mobyContent>
    <moby:mobyData moby:queryID="sip_1_">
      <moby:Simple moby:articleName="sequence">
        <moby:FASTA moby:id="" moby:namespace="">
          <moby:String moby:id="" moby:namespace=""
moby:articleName="content">&gt;aaaaa
DMGRLIEFSRRFGGIPV</moby:String>
        </moby:FASTA>
      </moby:Simple>
      <moby:Parameter moby:articleName="databases">
        <moby:Value>nr</moby:Value>
      </moby:Parameter>
      <moby:Parameter moby:articleName="method">
        <moby:Value>ncbi-blastp</moby:Value>
      </moby:Parameter>
    </moby:mobyData>
  </moby:mobyContent>
</moby:MOBY>

I tried different ways of making Simple And Composite mobyDataObjects,
but It did not work.
Could anyone help?

Best Regards

Jerzy Orlowski