[MOBY-l] About Moby central

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Tue Aug 7 22:15:55 UTC 2007

Hi Maliha,

The ontologies are all served from Moby Central, and at the moment we have
not planned for them to be separate from the service registry itself.
Complete separation would be quite difficult to do because the Moby API
does not allow an ontology node to be modified/deleted if it is being used
by a registered service...

There isn't a paper or website that describes how Moby Central "functions"
per se.  The best place to look for a description of Moby right now would
be in the moby-live/Docs folder, where we have the latest version of the
submitted 1.0 manuscript.  It hasn't been accepted for publication yet, so
it may still change, but it contains more detail than most of the earlier
papers.

Hope that helps!

Mark

On Tue, 07 Aug 2007 15:00:56 -0700, maliha aziz <maliha.aziz at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> I have a few question about the the way moby-central works?
> Do all the objects/ classes , service types that we define at some point
> in time when needed get stored in moby-central along with the web
> service information that the service providers provide when registering
> the service? what I am trying to say is that are the service type
> registries and the object registries and the service registries all
> present on the moby central or does it fetch it from some other place...
>
> Apart from this does anyone know of a good paper or website where i can
> read about how moby central functions. All the papers that I have read
> emphasize on the power of biomby but talk little about the architecture
> of the moby-central that is i think co-ordinating all the requests and
>
> thanks
>
> maliha

Mark Wilkinson
Assistant Professor, Dept. Medical Genetics
University of British Columbia
PI Bioinformatics
iCAPTURE Centre, St. Paul's Hospital
Tel:  604 682 2344 x62129
Fax:  604 806 9274

***CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE***
This electronic message is intended only for the use of the addressee and
may contain information that is privileged and confidential.  Any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication by
unauthorized individuals is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply
e-mail and delete the original and all copies from your system.