[MOBY-l] Taverna & MOBY services

Twigger Simon simont at mcw.edu
Thu Jan 20 23:01:40 UTC 2005

I've managed to get the workflow doing something without breaking, Im a
little hamstrung at the moment because Im using a Mac and for some
reason I cant expand the processors in the advanced model explorer once
I've assigned inputs and outputs - clicking with the mouse doesn't work
so its hard to reroute things. (Tom Oinn had mentioned this was a
'feature' a while ago - I'll try on XP tonight)

I need to add some more output objects to see if Im getting something
sensible back out. I only linked the moby value to the one output
object and its blank but I think thats because I have no value in my
moby service output, I should try the namespace, etc. I suspect, just
to test that things are happening. I'll explore the examples some more
and go from there.

Thanks for everyone's advice, I think Im on my way.

Simon.

Here's the XML that comes back from the service when I do a test query
with <Object namespace="" id="A2m"/>

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?><moby:MOBY
xmlns:moby='http://www.biomoby.org/moby'
xmlns='http://www.biomoby.org/moby'><moby:mobyContent
moby:authority='http://castor.brc.mcw.edu'>
         <moby:mobyData moby:queryID='1'>
             <moby:Simple moby:articleName=''>
                 <moby:text-plain moby:namespace="RGD" moby:id="A2m"
articleName="geneSymbol"><CrossReference>

                         <Invocation namespace="" id="A2m"/>

                                 <Object namespace="PMID" id="89207509"/>
<Object namespace="PMID" id="2468362"/>
<Object namespace="PMID" id="21638024"/>
<Object namespace="PMID" id="11779202"/>

                                 <Object namespace="NCBI_Acc"
id="M22670"/>
<Object namespace="NCBI_Acc" id="M23567"/>
<Object namespace="NCBI_Acc" id="J02635"/>
<Object namespace="NCBI_Acc" id="NM_012488"/>

                                 <Object namespace="NCBI_Acc"
id="NP_036620"/>
<Object namespace="NCBI_Acc" id="AAA41592"/>
<Object namespace="NCBI_Acc" id="AAA77658"/>
<Object namespace="NCBI_Acc" id="AAA40636"/>

                                 <Object namespace="LocusID" id="24153"/>

                                 <Object namespace="Swiss-Prot"
id="P06238"/>

                                 <Object namespace="TIGR_TGI"
id="TC239648"/>
<Object namespace="TIGR_TGI" id="TC229016"/>

                         </CrossReference>
</moby:text-plain>
                 </moby:Simple>
         </moby:mobyData>