[MOBY-l] Taverna & MOBY services

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Jan 20 22:49:07 UTC 2005

> Im trying to get a quick MOBY service up and running using Taverna and
> its not working quite as I would like.

   The best would be to give me the name of your service (and perhaps the
registry where it can be found - unloess it is in the main Mark's
registry) - and the input (in raw XML) that you would like to send to that
service. Then I will see what's happening, and perhaps I can find wher is
the problem.

> text to the service it always fails, the stack trace in the terminal
> seems to indicate a perl problem with an error thrown by XML::Parser

   That's why I would like to see the full (raw) XML you are sending to
that service.

> I noticed from Mark's last presentation that the taverna workflow shown
> there seems to have two input objects (blue triangles) - presumably a
> namespace and an ID that are going into a create_moby_data 'box'. Im
> wondering if there is more to using MOBY via Taverna than a simple text
> input object and that is my problem, or if its a more fundamental
> service problem.

   Well, you can always send a raw XML to a moby service in taverna -
withou using any of these blue triangles. The create-moby-data widget is
there only for simplest cases. The more complex input you have the more
probably you need to create XML manually and send it as one input to
taverna.

   Cheers,
   Martin

--
Martin Senger

EMBL Outstation - Hinxton                Senger at EBI.ac.uk
European Bioinformatics Institute        Phone: (+44) 1223 494636
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus             (Switchboard:     494444)
Hinxton                                  Fax  : (+44) 1223 494468
Cambridge CB10 1SD
United Kingdom                           http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~senger