[moby] Re: [MOBY-l] Taverna & MOBY services

Mark Wilkinson mwilkinson at mrl.ubc.ca
Thu Jan 20 23:23:25 UTC 2005

yeah, Taverna rocks!  You do need to create an input object, as you
suggest.  There's a "local Java Widget" called "create moby data" in the
available widgets/services panel that will do that for you.  you
similarly need to unpack it at the end using the "parse moby data"
widget.

Just this morning I was chatting with Martin about creating a more
intelligent set of MOBY widgets in Taverna that could fully unpack a
MOBY object into its sub-objects, and/or into plain text to pass into
other services.  We're going to start working on this shortly!

Mark Wilkinson
Assistant Professor (Bioinformatics)
Dept. Medical Genetics, UBC, Canada