[MOBY-l] Re: Where does articleName belong? How can I set it in a Simple, using jMoby?

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Fri Aug 19 18:42:21 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-19 at 17:46 +0100, Martin Senger wrote:
> What was not yet confirmed is that
> also Simples and Collections (the wrapper objects) must have article
> name. Obviously not having article names mandatory is a pain in the neck -
> I am struggling with it the whole last week...

It was confirmed a while ago - see below...

> Also API documentation is very unnerving (is this a right English word to
> use if you wish to say a four-letter word but you are too polite or too
> afraid to say it?). In one place it says "Articles are required to be
> named using the articleName attribute." and a bit further it says: "The
> articleName attribute of the Simple and/or Collection elements is
> optional...".

I'll look for this error.  I really need someone to take over the task
of documentation, however...

> Mark, could you say loundly and soonish:
> 1) How it is really?

I reported loudly and previously:

: From: markw at illuminae.com
: To: moby-dev at biomoby.org
: Subject: [moby] [MOBY-dev] Changes in the 0.86API
: Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 05:38:25 -0400
: Hi all,
:
: A few changes to announce for the 0.86 API (this is not yet running on the
: production server):
:
: 1)  *all* parameters going into a service must now be named currently using the
: articleName attribute of the Simple/Collection/Parameter tag

> 2) What to do with currently registered services that do not comply with
> the rule from 1) ?

I think we can add an arbitratry articleName to their inputs, since they
will no doubt ignore it anyway...

Must run!

"Ontologists do it with the edges!"

Mark Wilkinson