[MOBY-l] Where does articleName belong? How can I set it in a Simple, using jMoby?

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Aug 19 16:46:07 UTC 2005

Regarding the mandatorness of article name, I have heard the same rumour
as you did, Paul. What I got confirmed is that article name must be usede
for included objects in other objects. What was not yet confirmed is that
also Simples and Collections (the wrapper objects) must have article
name. Obviously not having article names mandatory is a pain in the neck -
I am struggling with it the whole last week...

Also API documentation is very unnerving (is this a right English word to
use if you wish to say a four-letter word but you are too polite or too
afraid to say it?). In one place it says "Articles are required to be
named using the articleName attribute." and a bit further it says: "The
articleName attribute of the Simple and/or Collection elements is
optional...".

Mark, could you say loundly and soonish:
1) How it is really?
2) What to do with currently registered services that do not comply with
the rule from 1) ?

Cheers,
Martin

--
Martin Senger
   email: martin.senger at gmail.com
   skype: martinsenger
International Rice Research Institute
Biometrics and Bioinformatics Unit
DAPO BOX 7777, Metro Manila
Philippines, phone: +63-2-580-5600 (ext.2324)