[MOBY-l] Where does articleName belong? How can I set it in a Simple, using jMoby?

Paul Gordon gordonp at ucalgary.ca
Fri Aug 19 16:06:11 UTC 2005

Replying to my own :-)

> In any case, the jMOBY code right now doesn't deal nicely with named
> parameters.  I was striuggling before with how to deal with XML that
> both named and unnamed parameters, very confusing.  But now that all
> parameters have to be named (since API 0.86) its much easier.  I'll
> fix the code on the weekend.  Thanks for pointiung this out.

Hmm.  A corrolary of requiring all parameters to be named is that there
the returned data should be named too, as MOBY input and output messages
are essentially symmetric.  We could get around this by saying that if
you have only one parameter, it does not need to be named.  In that way,
the response simple or collection does not need to be named either.
This also makes the vast majority of currently registered services valid
again according to API v.0.86 , as most have one parameter, and it is
not named.