[MOBY-l] deregistration by removal of RDF

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Sep 22 23:50:22 UTC 2004

> You can immediately de-register a service that has no registered
> SignatureURI

   Yes, but this is no problem, is it? :-)

> guess if there is a need for a more immediate deregistration process for
> "real" services (i.e. those that had an RDF file sitting somewhere)
> then we could think about that.

   What harm would be done if we just keep the same mechanism as before
for all services? I guess that the answer is security, right? The new
system prevents other people to deregister your service.
   I have not thought about the security implications when I was
discussing this issue...

   Martin

--
Martin Senger

EMBL Outstation - Hinxton                Senger at EBI.ac.uk
European Bioinformatics Institute        Phone: (+44) 1223 494636
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus             (Switchboard:     494444)
Hinxton                                  Fax  : (+44) 1223 494468
Cambridge CB10 1SD
United Kingdom                           http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~senger