[MOBY] [MOBY-l] Interpreting results from Service->execute()

Ken Steube steube at sdsc.edu
Wed Mar 17 21:25:35 UTC 2004

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004, Paul Gordon wrote:
> Or have a Time To Live associated with a service.

I wonder if this would be effective.  My approach to the Time To Live
approach would be to write a cron job that notifies MOBY-Central that my
services are still OK.  So my services might break and Time To Live
wouldn't be useful.

I like the idea of having a standard test script that gets run
periodically by someone's computer. It would have a carefully chosen input
to produce a predictable output which can be verified to be correct by the
test script. It could then notify MOBY-Central of success and MOBY-Central
could be queried by anyone for the last time there was a success.

Ken