[MOBY] Re: [MOBY-l] A Java web service problem

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Thu Mar 4 15:47:43 UTC 2004

my messages are encoded as:

xsi:type = http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/base64

your messages are encoded as:

xsi:type = http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema/base64Binary

That is likely the source of the problem.

Interestingly, soap:base64 is defined as:

<xs:simpleType name="base64">
<xs:restriction base="xs:base64Binary"/>
</xs:simpleType>

So it shouldn't *really* make a difference.  I might jot a quick note to
Paul Kulchenko later today to ask him if this is a bug in SOAP Lite, or
if the payload really does have to be defined by a soap encoding
data-type rather than directly as an XML Schema data-type.

In the meantime, perhaps you should do as Martin suggests and switch
back to regular strings... interestingly, Viji's services pass their
output as

xsi:type=http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema/string

i.e. the SOAP Body data-type is defined by an XML schema, rather than a
SOAP encoding style, so it seems more and more like the problem we are
seeing is a bug in SOAP::Lite...

Michael, can you put your services back to the state they were in when
you were passing your data as string so that I can look at the output
again?

Thanks!

Mark

--
Mark Wilkinson (mwilkinson at mrl.ubc.ca)
University of British Columbia iCAPTURE Centre