[MOBY-l] A Java web service problem

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Mar 4 11:34:15 UTC 2004

As I understand you are using Mark's client to access your service. The
client indicates "Service returned no response". But obviouly your service
got iys request. If this is the case I would recommend:

   1) to look into your service code and trace step by step what it does
with this particular request,
   2) to try an independent client, perhaps one written in Java, to see if
its behaviour is the same as the Mark's one,

   For this type of debugging it would be easier to go back (just for a
while) to type String - and use TCP monitor (provided by Axis) to see what
is really on the wire.

   Remember that I already suggested to you to give me the endpoint of
your service and I can test it from here by my clients (which is roughly
the same as ad 2) above).

   Martin

--
Martin Senger

EMBL Outstation - Hinxton                Senger at EBI.ac.uk
European Bioinformatics Institute        Phone: (+44) 1223 494636
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus             (Switchboard:     494444)
Hinxton                                  Fax  : (+44) 1223 494468
Cambridge CB10 1SD
United Kingdom                           http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~senger