[MOBY-l] Registering new MOBY object

Gabriel Berriz gberriz at hms.harvard.edu
Wed Apr 14 18:21:11 UTC 2004

Hi, all.

When registering a new MOBY object one is supposed to pass a Relationships
parameter:

                 Relationships => {
                     relationshipType1 => [
                         [Object1, articleName],
                         [Object2, articleName]],
                     relationshipType2 => [
                         [Object1, articleName]]}

What is the meaning of articleName?  In the case when the relationship type
is "hasa" I suppose that articleName is analogous to the name of a "field"
for a class.  In the cases when the relationship type is either "isa" or
"has" it is not clear to me how to intepret this parameter.

In any case, how is this "articleName" used subsequently?

How are additional attributes (such as namespace and id) for these object
elements specified?

One last question: it is not clear to me what exactly the function of the
SImple element is.  As I understand it, Simple elements must contain
exactly one MOBY object.  Other than acting as a wrapper around this MOBY
object, what purpose does the Simple element fulfill?

Thanks!

Gabriel