[MOBY] Re: [MOBY-l] Policy on the use of prefix 'moby'?

Paul Gordon gordonp at cbr.nrc.ca
Tue Apr 13 15:37:12 UTC 2004

I ONLY use namespace to match the tags (as namespace-aware XML should be
done).  Whether the tag has no namespace because there is no default, or
because its prefix resolves to an empty namespace or any other reason
you can imagine, is inconsequential.  I try to digest things that are in
the MOBY namespace, or in no namespace at all (a and b).

<moby:b xmlns:moby="http://www.biomoby.org/moby">
  <a />
</moby:b>

If the default prefix was pointing to the XHTML namspace, I wouldn't try
to digest that unprefixed tag (a), since it is neither a blank
namespace, nor the MOBY namespace.

<moby:b xmlns:moby="http://www.biomoby.org/moby">
  <a xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" name="my_anchor" />
</moby:b>