[MOBY-l] GOET (or, DAG-Edit: the next generation)

Suzanna Lewis suzi at fruitfly.org
Mon May 20 01:47:03 UTC 2002

Midori Harris wrote:

>Hi,
>
>As some of you know, we just had a GO Consortium meeting earlier this
>week. There was not much discussion of MOBY per se, but John Richter
>presented the latest ontology editing software he's been working on.
>
>GOET (Generic Ontology Editing Tool) will do all of the same things that
>DAG-Edit does now, but it won't be so closely tied to GO. It'll be more
>flexible in dealing with different format and database schemas. I hope I'm
>not garbling what John said about it too badly; I don't even kowif John
>has released it yet (anyone else??). Anyway, I strongly encourage everyone
>to pay attention to its development, because it looks like it will prove
>really useful to MOBY.
>
>Midori

I believe that the GOAT CVS repository is on the GMOD Sourceforge site
(although not mentioned in the HTML pages). Yes, I'm trying to change the
spelling to the way it is pronounced (A is for Annotation, Applying?),
but it
is probably too late already.

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/gmod/

-s