[MOBY-l] GOET (or, DAG-Edit: the next generation)

Midori Harris midori at ebi.ac.uk
Wed May 15 14:53:03 UTC 2002

Hi,

As some of you know, we just had a GO Consortium meeting earlier this
week. There was not much discussion of MOBY per se, but John Richter
presented the latest ontology editing software he's been working on.

GOET (Generic Ontology Editing Tool) will do all of the same things that
DAG-Edit does now, but it won't be so closely tied to GO. It'll be more
flexible in dealing with different format and database schemas. I hope I'm
not garbling what John said about it too badly; I don't even kowif John
has released it yet (anyone else??). Anyway, I strongly encourage everyone
to pay attention to its development, because it looks like it will prove
really useful to MOBY.

Midori