[MOBY-l] locateServiceByInput - what does "@IN" mean?

David Block dblock at gnf.org
Wed May 15 22:06:39 UTC 2002

Definitely do SQL magic to find any service that matches any subset of the list of input Objects.  Otherwise, if you have 3 objects, you have to do 7 queries to get all possible object combinations, and it gets worse from there.

"Always be liberal in what you accept, strict in what you emit."

Doing it right on the server end is not all that hard, and if you do the server right, the client is easy.  And you want lots of client implementations.

Good to see this list alive again.  Waiting to see what I can steal :)

David Block                    dblock at gnf.org
GNF - San Diego, CA        http://www.gnf.org
Genome Informatics  /  Enterprise Programming