[MOBY-l] Iterative CGI client now up and running!!!

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Thu Jun 13 23:31:06 UTC 2002

Hi all,

Thanks to the XML wizardry of Jason, I now have the CGI client up and
running on a public server.  It will present "in-hand" objects, and the
list of available services that work on them.  You pick which objects
you want to send, and which service you want to send them to, and
"click".  The result is a new list of objects and services.   There is
only one service available, however, and that is a service that
retrieves a genbank sequence based on a GI.  Still, you will get a sense
of how it works.  The interface could also use some "sprucing up" :-)

The address is:

http://bioinfo.pbi.nrc.ca:8099/cgi-bin/MOBY-Client.cgi

I have noticed that the resulting sequence does not display in Netscape
6, but IE 5 had no problem with it...???  I dunno...  I'll figure that
out later.  In any case, this should work with any object and any
service, so this will be useful in testing services that you set up.
 Let me or Jason know if you have problems.

And with that, I bid you all farewell till the 26th,

Thanks, Jason, for getting on to this so quickly :-)  (we were mailing
each other while I was stuck in traffic... it was great fun!  I love
these Blackberry things!!)

cheers all,