[MOBY-l] Re: Nucleotide as an attribute of Sequence?

Midori Harris midori at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Jun 18 12:44:15 UTC 2002

Hi,

Sorry for the long silence; I've been on vacation and then catching up on
what heaped up in my absence ... you all know the tune ...

> Midori - are you already using a tool to edit these hierarchies?  Are
> you back from your trip?  If you already have a fancy editing system
> perhaps we should all install it so that we can browse/edit more
> easily, and if possible have a flat-file in the CVS as you have
> already done for the Service hierarchy (thanks!).  Are you using GOAT?

At the moment we're still using DAG-Edit (available from GO's SourceForge
site, http://sourceforge.net/projects/geneontology). We do plan to switch
to GOAT (or GOET, or however it's spelled) but I'm not sure when -- I
think it will go along with some GO relational database testing that we
need to do.

Suzi or Chris will have a better idea how robust GOAT is just now. It may
be in good enough shape for Moby folks to use it, though I haven't had
time to play with it myself. GOAT does have significant advantages over
DAG-Edit for Moby, because DAG-Edit still has quite a bit of GO-specific
behavior.

Midori