[MOBY-l] New GO service at BDGP.

Bradley Marshall bradmars at bdgp.lbl.gov
Tue Jul 30 22:34:02 UTC 2002

I've got a new service up that outputs GO terms.  Here's the info from the
registration script:

my $reg = $Central->registerService(
 "RetrieveGOFromKeywords",    # subroutine name called by SOAP server
 "Retrieve",      # serviceType
 '"flybase.org', # Authority URI
 ["Object"],    # input object
 ["GO_Term"],     # output object
 ["Generic/Keyword"],    # namespace
 "http://toy.lbl.gov:8088/cgi-bin/moby/go_service.cgi",  # URL of SOAP server
CGI script
 "Returns all GO_term objects related to input keyword(s)", # service
description
 );

Most of this was done by
Mark, I just installed the script and made a simple client script.  SInce I'm
still learning the nuts and bolts I imagine some of this info will change.  For
examaple, is 'Generic/Keyword' really an appropriate namespace for this
service? I've attatched the client script.  Here's a simple example:

./brads_moby_client.pl transcription 'transcription factor'

You can also search with a wildcard, like 'transcription*'. Here's the output
of the above example:

################## begin output

I guess I'm looking for any services that search by keyword?  So far only GO?

Found: