[MOBY-l] New GO service at BDGP.

mwilkinson at gene.pbi.nrc.ca mwilkinson at gene.pbi.nrc.ca
Wed Jul 31 15:29:46 UTC 2002

>  For
> examaple, is 'Generic/Keyword' really an appropriate namespace for this
> service?

Well...???  What would you prefer it to be?  I'm not wedded to one name or another
- it doesn't matter to me - but it seems that the service takes in keywords and
gives out GO_Terms, so... ??

keywords are not under the authority of, for example, GenBank... they are not
under anyones authority... so we created the "Generic" namespace prefix for
situations like this.

"Speed is subsittute fo accurancy."

Dr. Mark Wilkinson, RA Bioinformatics
National Research Council, Plant Biotechnology Institute
110 Gymnasium Place, Saskatoon, SK, Canada

phone : (306) 975 5279
pager : (306) 934 2322
mobile: markw_mobile at illuminae.com