[MOBY-l] Good SOAP intro?

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Tue Jul 30 00:05:04 UTC 2002

Hi all,

I've been working for a while on a platform that gives developers a
programmatic interface to 3rd-party programs, and this summer I have
a student working on enabling RPC mechanisms.  She's just finishing up
an XML-RPC interface and Python API thereto; one of the next projects
she could do is to add a SOAP interface.

Now, I've read quite a bit about SOAP, but I have yet to find a good
intro to it online.  Are there any recommendations from this group?
(It's not as off-topic as it may sound, since one of my goals is
to MOBY-enable the thing.)  It may be that I'm being a bit picky --
I'd like an intro that talks about designing a SOAP service, whether
or not it goes into the gory details (which will get worked out at
some point).

thanks,
--titus