[MOBY-l] updates to MOBY Central API for ontology parsing

mwilkinson at gene.pbi.nrc.ca mwilkinson at gene.pbi.nrc.ca
Thu Jul 25 21:37:04 UTC 2002

Hi everyone,

by default now MOBY Central will burrow down through the ontology of the
Service (or up the ontology of the Object) when doing a query.  You can
control this behaviour (independantly) through boolean flags which are
now added as additional query parameters.  See the updates to the
MOBY Central API.

It's pretty cool, actually :-)  It makes the Client much more friendly
because, for example, I can do a VirtualSequence retrieval first, then
select the ones that are a sensible length and retrieve the Sequences
for only those ones before I e.g. send them to the Blast service.  This
was not possible before because my RetrieveSequence service did not take
VirtualSequence objects as input.  Now the Client knows that
VitualSequence objects contain enough information to do a Sequence
retrieval, and ...voila!!

Very very very cool!

this is great fun :-)

"Speed is subsittute fo accurancy."

Dr. Mark Wilkinson, RA Bioinformatics
National Research Council, Plant Biotechnology Institute
110 Gymnasium Place, Saskatoon, SK, Canada

phone : (306) 975 5279
pager : (306) 934 2322
mobile: markw_mobile at illuminae.com