[MOBY-l] Java in BioMoby

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Dec 3 01:35:10 UTC 2002

> I'd be tempted to just forget it and re-code MOBY Central so that it
> returns XML only.   If I could get a few hours free....

   It reminds me: please let me know if you change the Moby Central
interface - I am willing to keep the Java changes synchronized as fast as
possible.
   Regarding the 'new' method, it's up to you to decide about its future
because you know best all the details and the future directions you would
like the Moby goes.

> >    During this development I found few bugs (they may be both mine or of
> > Moby Central). How can I report them (the 'Bugs' link on the biomoby.org
> > seems to be still non-existent)?
>
> For the moment just send them to the list.

   1) When calling method "locateServiceByType" with the last parameter
equal 1 (e.g. moby->("Blast", 100, 1) I am getting this error:

DBD::mysql::st execute failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax near
''9) ' at line 23 at MOBY/Central.pm line 1418, <IN> line 4.

   2) And similar error happens when I send a non-existing service
type. Like in 'locateServiceByInput' when I send "RetrieveXX" as a
serviceType, I am getting an error:

DBD::mysql::st execute failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax near
')) and (S.auth_uri = 'bioinfo.pbi.nr\
c.ca') ' at line 31 at MOBY/Central.pm line 1418, <IN> line 4.

   Martin

--
Martin Senger

EMBL Outstation - Hinxton                Senger at EBI.ac.uk
European Bioinformatics Institute        Phone: (+44) 1223 494636
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus             (Switchboard:     494444)
Hinxton                                  Fax  : (+44) 1223 494468
Cambridge CB10 1SD
United Kingdom                           http://industry.ebi.ac.uk/~senger