[MOBY-dev] Opinions from the group regarding curation of Moby Central

markw at illuminae.com markw at illuminae.com
Mon Jun 15 19:50:58 UTC 2009

Hi all!

I'm writing to ask for opinions about the curation of the Vancouver Moby-Central registry.  The specific question relates to services that are mis-registered in the registry, but where the service itself is functional and API-compliant.

There are a few services I have discovered in the past few days that don't do what their registration says they do, but the service also hosts their own RDF signature document.  Even if we update the registry manually to reflect the true service behaviour, the MOBY RDF Agent will always re-register what is in their RDF, so manual curation isn't an option.
I'm hoping to hear-back from the original provider soon, but I'm interested in the "community consensus" about what should be done in this case.  Eddie and I feel that the best way to proceed is to download the service provider's RDF, fix it, and then host that RDF ourselves until the original host can find the time and/or person who will take-charge of the services.  Again, it isn't the *service* that is wrong, it is the *registration* that is wrong.

Does this sound reasonable?

Mark

On the Road!