[MOBY-dev] Deploying on a remote machine in dashboard

Martin Senger martin.senger at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 20:47:21 UTC 2008

> is it deliberately that while deploying via dashboard (started from
> eclipse) on a remote machine - dashboard does not take the value of the
> 'Tomcat home directory' the user specified, but the CATALINA_HOME
> variable of the user ?

Hard to say if it was deliberately or not (I do not remember it). But I
spotted this last week, too (when I was testing it again because of changes
done due to the jMoby mavenization). And I almost concluded that it should
be almost in all cases the 'localhost' value. This means the value that is
used on the remote machine to talk to that remote machine.

But generally, you are right: if the help says that this field is used, it
should be used. Do you wish me to fix it? [I mean to fix the behaviour, not
just to fix the help page.]

  email: martin.senger at gmail.com
             m.senger at cgiar.org