[MOBY-dev] jmoby using cached datatypes etc

Martin Senger martin.senger at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 10:54:43 UTC 2008

> but if i understand it correctly the CentralDigestCachedImpl does access a
> default moby registry and then caches it locally.

Actually no. The class gets, in its constructor, a local directory where the
cached ontology are located, and uses it. Only if the cache is empty, it
tries to fill it.

> What I'm interessted in is not to access any registry at all for getting
> the ontologies.
> My sitatuation is that i query the moby central to find some services based
> on e.g. their input and output parameters.

The cache does not have the "find" method - we did not want to replicate the
whole registry's API. But because all ontologies are locally available, it
is easy to get them all (that's why the class is also called "digest",
because it provides the cumulative methods that the registry's API does not
provide in all cases) and iterate over them and make your search as you
wish.

email: martin.senger at gmail.com,m.senger at cgiar.org