[MOBY-dev] planned changes in how to build jMoby

Martin Senger martin.senger at gmail.com
Sun May 20 16:06:42 UTC 2007

Dear developers,

Some times ago I indicated that I would like to start using Maven for jMoby
dependencies - but not a full Maven, only its major features (dependencies
mechanism and repositories of libraries), using Maven from the current Ant.
The major difference for the jMoby user and developers will be that jMoby
CVS package will not anymore include Ant itself. Which means that each
developer has to install it separately on her machine. I wonder if this is
acceptable for you. Are there any objections?

The details about this Ant-Maven marriage can be found in one article (
http://pantheon.generationcp.org/UsingMaven.html) that I wrote for another
project but I will make a similar article tailored for the jMoby before I
commit changes. [At the moment of writing this email the link above is not
accessible but it is only temporarily.]

   email: martin.senger at gmail.com