[MOBY-dev] BioMOBY Asynchronous Service Call Proposal v2.3

Paul Gordon gordonp at ucalgary.ca
Mon Sep 25 16:11:37 UTC 2006

Hi Martin,

Extending is never a technical problem, only a social problem.  I can
add a new tag easily, but unless most people use it, it isn't too
useful.  That's why I was suggesting that MOBY-S define (or at least
strongly suggests) some common name for this...whether we put it in the
LSAE events or WSRF is inconsequential to me.

Regards,

Paul
> Paul,
>

>> Yeah, I'd looked at the LSAE events, but was surprised to see that there
>> wasn't anything about refresh rates in it.
>>

> And why should it? If you need a special event that can deliver an
> information about a refresh rate, you can extend an existing event.
>
> An oversight on the OMG group's part I think...
>

> No oversight here, just this was not the primary purpose (and I should know
> because what you call an "OMG group" was actually me :-)).
>
> Martin

No disrespect intended :-)