[MOBY-dev] BioMOBY Asynchronous Service Call Proposal v2.3

Paul Gordon gordonp at ucalgary.ca
Fri Sep 22 21:33:23 UTC 2006

Hi all,

Sorry I'm getting into this discussion so late, but it would seem to me
that it would be helpful to add a ResourceProperty that gives the client
a hint as to how often they should check back for an answer.  The server
would have a much better idea of the appropriate interval than the
client, no?  If my client software generally checks every minute for
async job responses, but the process always takes a day, that's a lot
(1440) of useless polling requests.  A bit like the Refresh header in
HTTP...

Cheers,

Paul