[MOBY-dev] [moby] Re: BioMOBY Asynchronous Service Call Proposal v2.3

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Fri Sep 22 17:51:14 UTC 2006

> There is really no such thing as an RFC committee...

Well... there is a group of us who have agreed to be "the deciders" (to
quote George Bush... I'll never do that again, I promise!)

>  But yes, I agree to
> have a vote - if the political issue (regardinr using a SOAP-specific
> technology) is considered to be solved. How is it, Mark?

There was no significant discussion of this issue beyond the brief
conversation that we had on the mailing list.  My own opinion is that we
have (possibly regrettably) already bought-in to the SOAP
infrastructure, so using a SOAP-specific technology is a reasonable
thing to do at this point.  It does make it more difficult to change our
minds later on, but I suspect that any mind-changing in the future is
going to be on an much larger scale than just the transport protocol, so
this small detail is not particularly relevant in that context.  In my
opinion, that discussion is resolved.  Does anyone disagree?

v.v. the Asynch proposal - let's call for the vote right now.  All
voting members please read the proposal carefully and submit your vote
by October 1.