[MOBY-dev] Verifying data

Edward Kawas edward.kawas at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 20:42:41 UTC 2006

Hi,

What are the opinions regarding the following situation:

User A uses a service that, among other things, specifies that a float is
returned. This service is then connected to a downstream service B.

The service runs and returns the empty string instead of a float (all other
items are filled in correctly). What should service B do? Should it fail since
the empty string is not a float or should the service quietly ignore this. I am
asking this because I just came across this using a service created using Perl
MoSes.

Thanks,

Eddie