[MOBY-dev] Verifying data

Martin Senger martin.senger at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 21:34:29 UTC 2006

My 2c's:

An empty output means no output. Which may not be an error but which
definitely means that we have nothing to pass to a downstream service.

Also a case when a service A returns an exception indicates that there is no
much sense to call a downstream service B.

My conclusion is therefore: Each service should check first that it gets an
input (well, each services that expects an input, of course). If if does
not, it should stop and again produce no output (potentially, adding its own
exception to those already existing in the service notes).

I can add this strict behaviour to Moses, or to Perl Moses.

   email: martin.senger at gmail.com