[MOBY-dev] [moby] Re: RFC #1914 - change & call for vote

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Sat Jan 21 06:43:10 UTC 2006

Hi,
   Thanks for supporting the idea of having version in LSIDs.
   I think that Mark answered all your questions. Just perhaps one small
explanation:

> registered, we specify the input and output. Lets say for example I
> register service A with as input a simple Object SomeObject_version1.

   Your assumption here is not correct: a service is not registered as
having a simple Object SomeObject_version1, but as having a simple Object
SomeObject. We are not proposing to use version in registration - we are
registering data types by their names (not by their LSIDs). Versions in
LSIDs are good for finding that the object itself was or was not
re-registerd (and therefore perhap changed).

   email: martin.senger at gmail.com
   skype: martinsenger
consulting for:
   International Rice Research Institute
   Biometrics and Bioinformatics Unit
   DAPO BOX 7777, Metro Manila
   Philippines, phone: +63-2-580-5600 (ext.2324)