[MOBY-dev] error handling in MoSeS

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Sat Jan 14 03:39:48 UTC 2006

Martin you totally rock!

Give us a couple of weeks to catch up on the Perl side of things - poor
Eddie is re-writing a large portion of my code to give it the same
architecture and API as the Java modules, so it is taking a while.  He's
also writing the Perl plugin to dashboard, and making a trip down to
TAIR next week to help them get started MOBYing, so he's a busy fellow!

I think it is about time to start writing "the big manuscript" with all
the core developers as authors...  Martin, do you want to include tools
like Dashboard in this publication, or are you planning to write an
independent publication (or both?).  I'm thinking that I still may be
able to get the gbrowse_moby interface published as an application note
or something like that.  It isn't very powerful, but the interesting
part of it from the CS point of view is how the rendering system works -
it strikes me as being a very sensible way to deal with MOBY object data
in a world where you can never predict what data you are going to have
in-hand... though it may no longer be novel enough to be publishable.  I
should have written that paper years ago...  >>sigh<<

Anyway, I'm going to start on the "big" manuscript but I will no doubt
be asking for the various key parties to describe their own
contributions, so please keep an eye on your inboxes for paragraph requests!

Cheers all!