[MOBY-dev] error handling in MoSeS

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Sat Jan 14 02:17:52 UTC 2006

I have implemented (thanks to Ivan Garcia from MMB in Spain) the new
biomoby error handling in Moses. In your implementation classes, now you
can add exceptions and they will appear in their proper place in the
service notes.
   As far as I know, the changes I have done do not break any existing
code. Well, except if you still send to a new Moses-based service an old
XML with something like this:
   <serviceNotes>ABCD</serviceNotes>
the text ABCD will be simply ignored. (Note that the new way how to
incorporate human-readable message in service notes is:
   <serviceNotes><Notes>ABCD</Notes</serviceNotes>.)

   I have also updated the Moses documentation concerning with error
handling.

   email: martin.senger at gmail.com
   skype: martinsenger
consulting for:
   International Rice Research Institute
   Biometrics and Bioinformatics Unit
   DAPO BOX 7777, Metro Manila
   Philippines, phone: +63-2-580-5600 (ext.2324)