[MOBY-dev] what are services LSIDs good for?

Martin Senger senger at ebi.ac.uk
Sat Aug 27 11:25:43 UTC 2005

   http://mobycentral.icapture.ubc.ca/cgi-bin/MOBY05/mobycentral.pl

> We thought about keeping trtack of versions and sending the WSDL of
> the service as the data, but the discussion bogged down on whether
> that was really what service data *should* be, so it never got
> resolved (excuse the pun!)

   I know about this discussion. I actually do not care what will be
returned back (at least not now), but I do care that the LSID of a
registered service will chnage if I re-register the same service and I
change something in it. That's what LSIDs are for, not?
   Can that be done?

   email: martin.senger at gmail.com
   skype: martinsenger
International Rice Research Institute
Biometrics and Bioinformatics Unit
DAPO BOX 7777, Metro Manila
Philippines, phone: +63-2-580-5600 (ext.2324)