[MISC] [MOBY-dev] TEST MOBY Central registry available

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Tue Jun 15 16:14:07 UTC 2004

Note that 'URL' in the message below does not refer to a human-readable
web interface.  It is the location of the test MOBY Central SOAP server.

I have a student, Eddie, who is currently building a GUI interface for
service registration, and that should be up in the next few weeks.

On Tue, 2004-06-15 at 08:03, Mark Wilkinson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Yeah yeah yeah, I know it has been a long time coming!
>
> Yesterday I made some changes to the registry code that allowed it to
> read its configuration from a config file, pointed to by an environment
> variable in apache.  This made it easier to run multiple instances of
> apache each with a different registry configuration.  (Rebecca - this is
> something that your sysadmin requested ages ago!  please tell him it is
> now done...)
>
> As such, there is now a test version of the registry running at
> mobycentral and you can feel free to mess that one up as much as you
> wish.  There is currently no GUI client pointing to that, but you can
> interact with it using the client-side libraries.
>
> The test registry is a snapshot of how the "real" registry looked this
> morning, but it is running from its own set of mySQL databases, so feel
> free to add/remove/play because you wont harm the real registry nor the
> real ontologies (touch wood...)
>
> The URL and URI for the test registry are:
>
> URL 'http://mobycentral.cbr.nrc.ca:8080/cgi-bin/MOBY05/mobycentral.pl'
>
> URI 'http://mobycentral.cbr.nrc.ca:8080/MOBY/Central'
>

> For those of you using my Perl libraries to connect, simply create an
> instance of the MOBY::Client::Central as follows:
>
> my $C = MOBY::Client::Central->new(
> Registries => {
>    mobycentral => {	URL =>
> 'http://mobycentral.cbr.nrc.ca:8080/cgi-bin/MOBY05/mobycentral.pl',
> 			URI => 'http://mobycentral.cbr.nrc.ca:8080/MOBY/Central'
>                   }
> }
> );
>
> and then use the module as you normally would.  The perl test suite also
> uses the test instance of the registry now, so "TotalCrap" should no
> longer appear as a valid object in our ontologies ;-)
>
> Cheers all!

Mark Wilkinson (mwilkinson at mrl.ubc.ca)
University of British Columbia iCAPTURE Centre